Saturday, January 10, 2009

Post Holiday Blues 10k

Melissa and I after the run!


My cheer team!

Kole said, "Mommy, you can do it!"


Before race pic!

Pushing to the finish!

This morning we loaded up the kiddos and headed to Monroe! Mommy had a 10k to run! The weather settled nicely after a thunderstorm scare and the temps were in the mid 60's! Man, I thought this was January? Melissa, a friend who I work w/ at the Wellness center, joined me in the run! The course was so beautiful and took us thru Forsythe Park. I haven't ran a 10k since 2002, so I just wanted to finish! Again, I praise God that I have my prasie music when I run. It is my time to really let out my thoughts, feelings, and prayers. I was so in the presence of my God! I ended up feeling great and looked down to my horror to realize I forgot to turn on my Garmin! My finish time was 53:20. I even won 2nd place in my age and got a cool bag. The best part was at the end when I came upon the finish and saw my 2 beautiful kids, smiling and waving at me, and my precious husband grinning ear-to-ear. What a time to praise the Lord for all He has done!

6 comments:

Edie said...

Yay for you Tambrey!! Sounds like a great day!

Unknown said...

You go girl! Congrats!! :)

Heather said...

Tambrey- you look so great! And congrats on such a good time! I miss running.....I hope I can get back out there next year! There's something about running and praising Jesus, isn't there?

Anita Pope said...

You go girl!! You are awesome!!!

The Uptons said...

Good job girl! I miss running with you...you are such a motivator!

Olivia Grace said...

Very impressive!