Monday, January 5, 2009

Anybody Game??

I have made the commitment. I have focused my eyes on the prize! What am I talking about? Beth Moore has challenged all ladies to give God our minds as we renew them by memorizing scripture and claiming God's promises! On her blog, she has asked ladies all over the world to join in this commitment. All you have to do is memorize 2 scriptures a month totally 24 in a year. So far almost 3,000 women have joined the challenge. I have spent the last 3-4 days praying over what scipture to start with, and well, here it is!

PSALMS 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, My Rock, and My Redeemer.

I love this verse! So all you blogging friends out there, are you game? Wanna join me in memorizing God's word? Comment and let me know what scripture God has placed on your heart!! I know this will be a great blessing like no other! Come on, join me!!Tambrey

6 comments:

Lori Harper said...

I'm in! Thanks for starting this. My resolution this year is to read my bible more. I'm ashamed to say that often times I go to bed without ever touching my bible that day. Here is my scripture.

2 Peter 3:18
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever.

Edie said...

I have been teaching my grandaughters to memorize scripture. We have been memorizing 3-4 a month. We are now working on Proverbs 3:5-6 ... Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Beth has a great idea going there.

Heather said...

I'm in and already have verse #1 hidden in my heart!!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl! We are doing this too! Its fun seeing who all is doing this. Also, did my 1st 1/2 marathon!!!! Yea! talk to you soon, Jamie Ryan

The Fintons said...

What a great idea! I have been meaning to do this...just having trouble gettting started. I will commit to do this with yall. Here is my scripture.

Psalm 129:33
Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!

I like the Message bibles verse, too.

Psalm 139:23 (The Message)
23-24 Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me,get a clear picture of what I'm about;See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong— then guide me on the road to eternal life.

Tenille Rauls said...

I am doing this too...and enjoying it so much! I hope to "work up" to memorizing Romans 8....it is very long! Congrats on the race too. I can't wait to run again!!