Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Thoughts Of Christmas

It is Christmas Eve night and I sit here in silence as the kids are nestled in bed anxiously awaiting Santa and our trip to Branson tomorrow. We had an eventful
4 days in Conway this week! Today we spent with family doing the tradition meal and the kids opening presents and playing outside till they were wore out! While I sit here writing, I can't help but think of the Christmas story. Based in Luke's account in verses 1-2:20, we see so many great things the Lord included in the miracle of Christ's birth. A young virgin worthy of being mother to the Son of God, a simple Jewish man believing and trusting God to be a father to the Christ, an older and barren women finally being blessed in her latter years to have a son, and the ordinary shepards being the FIRST to know Jesus has been born in a manger. So many miracles! Such a precious story! What it means to me is that I know God is so loving and so full of GRACE that He would allow His own flesh and blood to be wrapped in human form to come and save the world. I am just in awe of the love of the Father. I am so gracious and so overwhelmed with the love of my Savior. That He would leave His heavenly glory and come to earth to take on the cloak of human flesh and live in this sinful world just to show the love He has for mankind. May each of you know His salvation and love this Christmas season! Oh yes, what a holy night it was so long ago!!

1 comment:

Edie said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Tambrey! I hope you had a wonderful celebration of His Birth.