Monday, December 8, 2008

2008 St. Jude 1/2 Marathon










"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and all your plans will succeed". Prov. 16:3

This year's 1/2 was amazing! It was really cold! I was able to ride to Memphis w/ my girls from Conway. We had such a nice visit! Shelly and Alisha did their first 1/2 and did amazing! Crossett was represented well with all the girls doing so well on their races. I ran alone in body, but had Jesus right beside me in spirit! And boy did He pull me through! I got a little tired around mile 9, but Jesus kept whispering to me I could do it! It also helped having my wonderful praise and worship music! Thank God for Travis Cottrell's "Jesus Saves" and "Your Word Is Life To Me". It really had me dig deep @ the last 2 miles! I ended up completing my goal of 1:58.56. It was all God! He carried me through that cold run! I just want to praise Him and give Him the glory! I saw so many people running in memory of a child, and some had the most inspiring scripture to keep me going! Can't wait till next year!

6 comments:

the Fosters said...

Way to go, Tambrey! I thought about you guys early Sat. morning. So sorry it was so cold! Great job!

Heather said...

Awesome job, Tambery-girl! You are an amazing runner...that is a GREAT time! I miss running out there with Jesus. Someday I'll get back, I hope!

Edie said...

Congratulations Tambrey! How great that must be to accomplish a marathon.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I'm delighted to meet you!

Rich Blessings to you!

The Fintons said...

Congrats Tambrey! That is such an awesome acomplishment everytime you do it. People like you and your friends amaze me... That is a LONG way to run! Great job! :-)

Olivia Grace said...

Very impressive! I would love to be able to run 1 mile!

Anita Pope said...

You go Girl! You are AMAZING!!!