Friday, February 6, 2009

Random Thoughts

Art project!

Sally's turn to draw!
My sweetie's before church!


Look at little Sally's grin!



Our picnic at the park!

I love my kids so much! What parent or mom doesn't want to love and give everything to their kids? Today after putting them down for a nap I got outside and did my prayer time. I was reading in 1 Peter 1:6-9. Adversity is a part of life. And boy it is no fun! In my Sunday school lesson from Charles Stanley's "The Extraordinary Life", Dr. Stanley points out how we go thru our trials affects our children. How do they see us react? Do we buckle or do they see us standing strong in our faith, trusting God to teach us, love us, and strengthen us? I sure hope I can try and give them the latter. What I do and how I react affects them as well. Staying at home some days drives me crazy! I wanna scream and leap out the door into a sprint when Benny gets home! But really, I love these little souls with all I have in me! I miss them even when they are napping! I just hope I can slow down and just soak up every little detail of our days together. This week I have done more crafts, read more books, played chase till I almost suffocated from wearing that Batman mask, and hugged them a little tighter. God has truly blessed me and Benny. I hope we can model the hope that only God can grant us. Until then, we will keep those fun times coming!Tambrey

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love this so much, and feel the same way! Some days I am literally pulling my hair out, then I am just on my knees thanking God that night for my sweet boy! Staying home is the biggest blessing ever, but it definitely has it's challenges.
Thanks for the reminder about the trials and hardships, too. I definitely want my kids to see me seeking Jesus...and not just crumbling in a heap like I have been known to do!!!

The Greenfield Family said...

Tambrey, Your blog is so uplifting. I really enjoy reading it and keeping up with you. You have such a precious family. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Jo Ann Burroughs Greenfield

Edie said...

Aw what a beautiful post Tambrey. I just love the way your daughter is smiling with all that is in her. Haha! So cute.

Beth said...

that is precious! squeeze them tight! staying home is blessed time and i treasure every second i had. :)