Friday, February 13, 2009

Emily


9 years ago God brought a very special gift into my life! I just finished my 1st Beth Moore Bible study on Paul. I met this energetic, beautiful, lively, and terriffic girl named Emily McCarron. She was a "light" in a room when she walked thru any door. She loved God so much that it radiated in her personality. We became fast friends! We were in charge of giving welcome baskets to new couples in our class. We had some great adventures! We also had the same pursuit for God. We did "A Heart Like His" on David together one summer. We got so close! Then she began to run w/ me! I was so impressed how this girl said she never ran and could run almost everybody in our running group into the ground. She was super fast! God knew what He was doing because He brought this strong beacon of light into my life. When my marriage ended 3 years later, she and Melinda were there to pick up the pieces of my life. She cried for me and with me, cooked me meals, helped me pack, prayed for me by laying her hands on me, cheered me up, and sent the best cards to help me feel I wasn't alone! Later down the road I met Benny. She and Melinda had to approve! And they did! We were on the same journey once again in life. BABIES! She was to have James Patrick in October and I was to have Kole in November. We were so excited! Melinda was to have Anna Kate in February! So when she had some complications in her pregnancy, we prayed. She did have a sick little boy, but we kept praying and JP was healthy! I love we have boys the same age. I hope they see in us the love we have for one another. After Emily had JP she began having complications w/ her health. These last 4 years she has endured lots of tests, traveling to docs to find a cure, lots of pain, tears, and disappointment. Thru it all, she has had to give up many things she loves like running, working out, and other events. She has stood strong in the Lord! I find so much strength in her b/c I know where her hope comes from: the Lord! Emily, on the eve of Valentine's Day, I want you to know you have my heart! I love you so much! I pray for your healing! And I know we are like David and Jonathan. "A chord of three strands is not quickly broken" Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 You are my strength and prayer warrior! I can count on you! Do you remember this song? You played it for me alomst 9 years ago? Yes, "something about being with you makes me feel like I have been near God" as Watermark puts it. Just wanted you to know I am always here! Love you! Love our time together this past weekend!Tambrey

4 comments:

the Fosters said...

Oh Tambery, that is soooooo sweet! What a great blessing to have such a dear friend and it to be Emily is just even more awesome! Friends are so important and it is wonderful to have such godly woman you can count on in times of need!

Anonymous said...

You have just melted my heart and lifted my spirits. How you can even write this about me brings me to my knees. I cried and cried when I read this and I hope one day soon I can regain some of those "old" hobbies but until then you are my rock and I thank you for all your prayers and constant encouragement in such uncertain but "GOD" controlled times. HE will prevail and be glorious and shine through all of this. I am just so blessed to have you along for the journey!!!! Like I have been so blessed to have been through so many journeys with you. Happy Valentines!!!! I loved my picture and JP loved his card from Kole. Emily

Edie said...

Oh Tambrey, what a wonderful tribute to a dear friend. I think God blessed you both. I love that picture of you two. You are both beautiful inside and out.

Heather said...

This has me sitting here crying....I love Emily so much (and you, too!) and everything you said is just so true and such a wonderful tribute to her!