Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Race


" I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus". Phil. 3:14


This morning Crossett, Ar put on their first 5K race. I remember just 7 months ago running these streets alone wishing I had friends to run w/ everyday. Jesus heard my heart's plea. 7 months later, as you can see in the pic, God brought some amazing women into my life! 4 of them are training w/ me every Saturday for the 1/2 @ St. Jude. All of them are so unique and love the Lord!! Today I was just so proud of them all! Some of them never raced before, and some of them just STARTED running in April! How awesome is that!! I am just so glad I have all these running buddies! And the friendships are such a blessing! I also did a PR for a 5k!! My time was 25:17, and I won my age group! Melissa, Julie Brooks, Autumn, Ashley, Julie Bridges, and Connie: You are all so amazing! What a joy you are to my life!!! Great job today! Can't wait till next year!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Tambrey-girl!!! So fun to hear from you! CONGRATS on your PR- wow...25:17 that is AMAZING!!!!!
I miss you, friend! Thank you for praying for me and my family. God is good, even when things seem hard.
I can't wait to add you to my blogroll and check in on you!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

COngrats!!!! So proud of you Tambrey and especially how you give God all the glory. I am so thrilled you have a group of running friends that love the Lord with you. Some of my most precious memories with you were pounding on the pavement together. Can't wait to see you in FIVE days. Emily

Beth said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud for you! :) You guys rocked!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Way to go on your PR!! Seeing you on the blog makes me want to get out and run again! Remember all those early morning runs with you...what great memories! Love your new blog, but I don't see our blog on your blog roll!:( Looks like you guys are just loving your new home! That's so great! I know how hard moving can be! Miss you! Love, Tera

the Fosters said...

Great job Tambrey on your time! Looks like you all had a great time!

The Frazier Family said...

Love your blog. I enjoyed getting to see your at JP"s birthday party the other day. I wanted to give you my updated blog site to add on your site http://thefrazierfour.blogspot.com
I am going to add yours to mine so I can check back often.
Carri