Friday, June 19, 2009

The Way God Moves

TambreyI am still in awe of how God speaks to me. Sometimes it is loud and audible to me. Other times it is sweetly suttle. I donwloaded Mandisa's new album entitled "Freedom" the other day. Every song has touched an area of my life I am dealing with. God is moving in ways I just didn't ever imagine.And it is a good thing. Lately I have drowned myself in doubt. God reminded me of the 3 deadly D's of Satan:
1)Doubt
2)Disappointment
3)Discouragement

Satan is so good at these 3 things and I have allowed them all to take over areas in my life at some point. I have had to claim God's word and His promises to break these chains of strongholds. I am never defeated in Christ!!! Iam claiming this verse in regards to my ACE test:


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God". Phillipians 4:6



I have had the opporunity to really let down my walls and praise God in some great worship. The experiences in themselves have been life-changing. I feel like I had sheilded my heart for so long to really let down my walls and open up fully to that worship experience. Why have I waited to do so? Maybe I have been too distracted and busy. But I am glad God allowed me to see what I have been missing in my prayer life and worship experience simply because I was not allowing Him to work. It is my own fault! Again, I was distracted!!

Another verse that means a lot tome is one I have been praying over my children. We have really tried to have more time w/ the kids in Bible study at home. Benny plays the guitar and we sing some praise songs the kids like and read a story from a great book my friend Niki recommended called"Fun Devotions for Boys:Gotta Have God" by Lynn Marie-Ittner Klammer. The kids really love it! We love the time sharing things about God to them. And the prayer time is always so cute! Here is the verse:

"And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more with the knowledge, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with righteousness tht comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." Phil. 1:9-11.

I am so excited to see how God is moving in our family. I know the opportunities are endless! I hope to keep seeking what He has equipped me to do. And I am excited to see where He takes us next! God is GOOD! GOOD all the time!

2 comments:

Anita Pope said...

I Love how your faith spills over...

Heather said...

I love this post, Tambrey! Love you and your sweet heart for the Lord. The verse you are praying over your kids is one of my favs to pray for mine...my husband, too.
Miss you and love you!