Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Reflections







We are called so many times in the Bible to be thankful. No matter the circumstance, hardship, or situation, we should reflect on it and give thanks! This week during my quiet time God has shown me so many wonderful things I know I have taken for granted and forgot to thank Him. Here is my list!


1) My salvation! How truly grateful I am that I have a Father who knows every hair on my head, is aware of every tear I cry, and listens to me. Even though I am still sinful! He cares about my needs, loves me when I rebel, and gently seeks me when I am busy w/ life. He is my Abba Father, my Papa, my Jehovah-rapha, El Roi, my El Shaddai! I am nothing without you!

2) My husband! How blessed am I to have a husband who shares a love for Christ. We are so CLOSE! We tell each other everything. Lately I have been blessed to experience how protective and loving he is! And boy do we laugh!! Our communication is so key. We are each other's biggest fan. I love him so much!

3) My kids! God blessed me with 2 of the most beautiful, sweet, silly, and compassionate kids. Kole, you have this silly side but are so compassionate to others. You suprise me w/ your wisdom of Christ! Your teachers and our church are so helping you become the man God desires you to be. And Kate! My precious daughter! Spunky and sassy, you are so incredibly sweet even when the tantrums start! My desire for you is to fall head over heels for Christ.

4) My health! God has given me good health! I am so blessed I can be active and do the things I do. I love my job at the wellness center. I couldn't run if it weren't for having my health.

"Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving.." Psalm 95:2a








3 comments:

Heather said...

I love your list! I am SOOO thankful for the Lord and His many blessings, and even trials in my life. What a gift He has given us in salvation and His provision for our lives here on earth. Oh, how I love Him!!!!

the boyd girls.... said...

Kate looks so much like Kole these days! Wow!

the Fosters said...

Thank you for sharing your what you are thankful for! If we didn't have anything else, that would be sufficient.
You have a beautiful family!