Sunday, September 27, 2009

Big Dam Bridge 100
















Before you think I rode 100 miles on my bike let me correct you now! I am not that crazy! I have been training 3x a week to riding my bike and increasing my mileage getting ready for the Big Dam Bridge Ride. My great buddy from Conway got me into biking while I got him and some others into running. I love to ride and never had anyone in Crossett who had a road bike. Then Brenda entered my life! She is a very strong rider who had done Big Dam before. So we set a goal to ride the 5o miler. I was very anxious and scared of the ride. So many folks, like over 2,ooo, were there. I was so nervous how we lined up all packed together. I am just so scared of a bike wreck. (even though I have fallen all the time off mine when clipped in ). The weather was perfect and God just was everywhere I looked Saturday. When we approached the Big Dam bridge, which I have never seen before, it knocked the breath out of me! The way the sun was on the water and the glow, I had to shout! PRASIE GOD! THANK YOU LORD FOR YOUR BEAUTY. I think I prasied God all thru the ride. Brenda knows I prayed a lot when we hit the hill section. I cannot explain the experience of the ride itself, all I can say is that I am hooked, addicted, and loving to ride. Tambrey

No comments: